Business Development – SLED
Posted: February 19, 2016
Do you have a burning desire to WIN? The business development position for State, Local and Education is a unique position within Summit 7 Systems and it will provide the right person with a capability to dominate in the SLED market. You will have the dual responsibility of managing the existing SLED customer set and expanding work within those customers, while concurrently working to acquire new customers through government RFP response and commercial sales and marketing tactics. The SLED market for Summit 7 Systems is a significant part of both our existing revenue as well as our growth targets. You must have experience selling services and software to the SLED market through both RFP response and commercial tactics. If you believe you have the experience and qualifications necessary for you to continue building on our significant growth in this market, we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for working closely and directly with SLED customers to identify business needs, desires and requirements. Provides written proposals and statements of work to meet the needs in a timely manner.
- Responsible for building and delivering superior RFP responses to public sector clients.
- Responsible for maintaining all SLED customer information and opportunities in Salesforce.
- Responsible for development and execution of the Summit 7 Systems SLED pipeline with inputs from the executive team.
- Identifies marketing and advertising campaigns by analyzing customer needs and market direction.
- Responsible for responding to and following up on sales enquiries in a prompt, professional manner.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with Microsoft Public Sector and ISV partner teams.
- Supports Executive Team by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts and account analysis.
- Researches competitive firms by identifying and evaluating service characteristics, capabilities, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Travel to customer location as necessary.
- Works with Professional Services manager to identify and schedule technical resources for scoping calls as necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Field, Business or Marketing from a reputable institute.
- Public Sector experience – Selling solutions and services into State / Local and Higher Education.
- Proven track record of winning RFPs with responses in both blind and “requested to bid” situations.
- Strong experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, Skype for Business and Nintex.
- Experience working with Microsoft Public Sector Partner, Sales and Adoption teams.
- 5-8 years of sales/business development experience
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Health and Dental
• 401K with Matching
• Life Insurance
• 10 Paid Holidays
• 15 Days Vacation
• Direct Deposit
• Annual Certification and Training Budget